Comau

Supporto

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisci elit, sed eiusmod tempor incidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisci elit, sed eiusmod tempor incidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur.

e.DO People Learn Robotics Forums Software Cannot unlock brakes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    GREGOIRE PICHEREAU
    Participant

Hello,

I’m currently a student in software engineering and I’m trying to use your robot with ros kinetic. I successfully moved the robot with ros, but had to push the emergency button, (the one far from the workspace). Since then I can’t unlock the brakes using the application.
    I checked the rosout_agg topic and it seems that the brake are put again automatically, below is the rosout_agg message

seq: 277
    stamp:
    secs: 1561027927
    nsecs: 350266766
    frame_id: ''
    level: 2
    name: /edo_state_machine
    msg: brake state send reset
    file: /home/edo/edo_core_catkin_ws/src/edo_core_pkg/src/BrakeState.cpp
    function: HandleReset
    line: 79
    topics: ['/rosout', '/machine_movement_ack', '/machine_bridge_jnt_state', '/machine_state', '/machine_algo_jnt_state', '/machine_move', '/machine_jog', '/machine_jnt_calib', '/machine_jnt_reset', '/machine_jnt_config', '/machine_init', '/machine_jnt_version']
    ---
    [14Aheader:
    seq: 278
    stamp:
    nsecs: 350430255
    msg: Current State is: COMMAND
    file: /home/edo/edo_core_catkin_ws/src/edo_core_pkg/src/CommandState.cpp[K
    function: getCurrentState
    line: 85
    topics: ['/rosout', '/machine_movement_ack', '/machine_bridge_jnt_state', '/machine_state', '/machine_algo_jnt_state', '/machine_move', '/machine_jog', '/machine_jnt_calib', '/machine_jnt_reset', '/machine_jnt_config', '/machine_init', '/machine_jnt_version'][K
    ---
    [14Aheader:
    seq: 279
    stamp:
    nsecs: 680208432
    msg: Ack command received
    file: /home/edo/edo_core_catkin_ws/src/edo_core_pkg/src/CommandState.cpp
    function: HandleJntState
    line: 114
    topics: ['/rosout', '/machine_movement_ack', '/machine_bridge_jnt_state', '/machine_state', '/machine_algo_jnt_state', '/machine_move', '/machine_jog', '/machine_jnt_calib', '/machine_jnt_reset', '/machine_jnt_config', '/machine_init', '/machine_jnt_version']
    ---
    [14Aheader:
    seq: 280
    stamp:
    nsecs: 680356245
    msg: brake state rx ack
    file: /home/edo/edo_core_catkin_ws/src/edo_core_pkg/src/BrakeState.cpp[K
    function: ackCommand
    line: 91
    topics: ['/rosout', '/machine_movement_ack', '/machine_bridge_jnt_state', '/machine_state', '/machine_algo_jnt_state', '/machine_move', '/machine_jog', '/machine_jnt_calib', '/machine_jnt_reset', '/machine_jnt_config', '/machine_init', '/machine_jnt_version'][K
    ---[K
    [14Aheader:
    seq: 281
    stamp:
    nsecs: 700138588
    msg: Current State is: BRAKED
    file: /home/edo/edo_core_catkin_ws/src/edo_core_pkg/src/BrakeState.cpp[K
    function: getCurrentState
    line: 65
    ---
    [14Aheader:
    seq: 282
    stamp:
    nsecs: 700361974
    msg: send brake on
    file: /home/edo/edo_core_catkin_ws/src/edo_core_pkg/src/StateManager.cpp
    function: send_BrakeOn
    line: 683
    ---

I hope you will be able to help me, and feel free to ask for more details if needed,

Regards

Comau
    Keymaster

Dear GREGOIRE,
    when the e.DO robot detects a collision, a velocity higher than the estimated one or some CAN cables disconnected, the e.DO will enter in a Safe Condition.
    If the robot engage the brakes is due to something wrong in using the e.DO.
    For the lasts e.DO versions the disengage procedure knows all the joints pose, and could fail only in the case that the robot was not correctly calibrated.

If you want to disengage manually by command line e.DO you could pubblish on the topic /bridge_jnt_reset:

Joint_mask: 127 (Robot with the gripper)
    Disengage_steps: Sine-period [ms] (2000 ms default)
    Disengage_offset: It is a value proportional to the Sine-amplitude, 0.0 If you want only release the brakes (3.5 is the default, if you are far away from the stroke-end)

What is the version of your robot?

GREGOIRE PICHEREAU
    Participant

The version of the robot is the 1-0.48.
    I don’t want to disengage manually, since there could be a hardware reason as to why the unlocking fail.
    When I try to disengage from the app, the message

Joint_mask: 63
    Disengage_steps: 2000
    Disengage_offset: 3.5

is published in the bridge_jnt_reset
    I don’t know why 63 is used as joint mask value, I suppose it is either a mask to safely remove the brake (and 127 force it) or specific to my eDo robot.

Is there any way to check the state of the CAN cables ?

Comau
    Keymaster

The mask is related to the number of joints, in this case, it is not a problem if the mask is 63 or 127.
    What happens when you press the message on the app? Is there a disengage movement of the robot or nothing happens?

If nothing happens it means that there is the Emergency stop not released or the connector “J8” not properly connected.
    The connector “J8” is the connector plugged in in the port near the ethernet and usb ports.

Best regards

GREGOIRE PICHEREAU
    Participant

Problem solved long ago, it was just the emergency stop that was not released,
    Excuse me for the inconvenience

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.