Comau

Supporto

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisci elit, sed eiusmod tempor incidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisci elit, sed eiusmod tempor incidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur.

e.DO People Learn Robotics Forums Software CONTROLL E.DO BY SOCKET

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Comau 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Giovanni Pirovano
    Participant

Hello
    I’m a research fellow at LIUC university and we have 2 e.Do
    I would like to control e.DO by using socket?
    For example lunch a specific routine or read that a specific routine is finished.

Thank you
    Giovanni

Moreno BORSALINO
    Participant

I have the same wish, I would like to write an app connecting e.do via socket (i guess to the port 11311 specified in ROS_MASTER_URI in file ~/ministarter) and publish messages to topic I hope to move the robot arm. The real problem I think is the lack of a real programmers guide dedicated to developers wishing create new node on the raspberry or new app on remote computer controlling the robot via socket.
    Regards
    Moreno

Comau
    Keymaster

Dear all,
    there are many possibilities to connect e.DO with multiple devices.

You could use directly ROS, creating a new node that communicates with the ROS protocol: you can move the robot by publishing on the topic (/bridge_move) a MovementCommand.
    You could create a TCP/IP server with Python on the Raspberry and communicate directly with your client, and viceversa.
    There are some examples in this forum’s topic:
    https://edo.cloud/forums/topic/text-based-programming-in-e-do-app/

Otherwise you could develop the routine inside Raspberry and it could be a Python program that you start when a message is published.

Best regards.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.