Comau

Supporto

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisci elit, sed eiusmod tempor incidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisci elit, sed eiusmod tempor incidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur.

e.DO People Learn Robotics Forums Software e.DO Robot Gripper – How to install

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Berkan Kuzyaka
    Participant

Dear Community,

The Comau guys helped me a lot again, and explained, how to install the software of gripper with the SSH connection. Therefore, I wanted to upload the solution to the forum. I thought that might be a documentation for the others.

Generally, it is not frequent that we have to re-install the software inside the gripper. That is the procedure that install the software of the gripper.

The update of the software inside the gripper needs an SSH connection.

Connect your computer at e.DO with Ethernet cable and connect it with SSH. The standard IP address is 10.42.0.49.

Username: edo
    Password: raspberry

Now we have to update the bridge with a simple code.

./uploadBridge.sh

And at the end of this procedure we can see something like that:

7C4A7C99, 241664, 2008, edo-joint_bo, 2, edo_2

C8B21949, 241664, 2008, edo-joint_bo, 2, edo_3

CEBEF6D6, 241664, 2008, edo-joint_bo, 2, edo_1

4C204BBC, 241664, 2008, edo-joint_bo, 2, edo_4

998FD07D, 241664, 2008, edo-joint_bo, 2, edo_5

D89AD18E, 241664, 2008, edo-joint_bo, 2, edo_6

88E0B3DA, 110592, 2008, edo.gripper_, 7, edo_7

We can see that there is a line referred to edo-gripper, called edo_7, now you can read the most important part of this line that is the MAC ADDRESS of the print circuit board that in this case is 88E0B3DA.

Now we are able to install its software.

./core/core-tools/CoreBootloader.py load program ./edo_sw_release/edo_gripper/firmware.hex 88E0B3DA

Note that the last number referred to the MAC address of the print circuit board must change from this one.

./flashUsbFirmware edo ./edo_sw_release/edo_usb_ros_serial/firmware.bin

Output if the procedure works:

dfu-util: Invalid DFU suffix signature
    dfu-util: A valid DFU suffix will be required in a future dfu-util release!!!
    Dfu-util: can’t detach
    eDO USB flashed successfully.

Then, switch off e.DO, wait 30 seconds and then switch on again. Select the gripper on the tablet and it should work!

I hope it would help!
    Kind regards,
    Berkan

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.