Comau

Supporto

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisci elit, sed eiusmod tempor incidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisci elit, sed eiusmod tempor incidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur.

e.DO People Learn Robotics Forums Software How to reset CAN – through SSH

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Berkan Kuzyaka
    Participant

Dear Community,

I am currently working on the e.DO-Robot. We’ve had some problems with our robot lately. Fortunately, the Comau guys helped me a lot. And now I want to help others who have such a problem. That’s why I wanted to upload our problem and its solution to the forum. I thought that might be a documentation for the others.

Although we could see the wireless network of the robot and connect with it, but it was not possible to initialize the robot. The joints had not registered and Reset CAN did not work, our e.DO went into an error state. During execution the robot stopped and after rebooting it was always in the error state.

During Reset CAN, I tried to disconnect all joints from the CAN bus after the ROS firmware flashed on the USB and reconnect the step-by-step after each step of joints. All of that was not successful.

Comau guys explained to me how I can do it directly through SSH.

Switch on e.DO, connect it with LAN and write these lines one per time:

./core/core-tools/CoreBootloader.py boot

./core/core-tools/CoreBootloader.py bootload '*'

./core/core-tools/CoreBootloader.py describe

These three lines show whether the joints are successfully connected. If you see alt he joints, then it is okay.

Sometimes happens that the established connection among the USB and the others joints falls for a small time, the procedure must be finished and usually when there are these problems we try to solve them repeating this procedure until this works correctly:

Before swith off e.DO we have to finish the flow of the previous started procedure writing this code on the command line:

./flashUsbFirmware edo ./edo_sw_release/edo_usb_ros_serial/firmware.bin

After this If the procedure works on the command window there will be this output:

e.Do USB flashed successfully

Now it is possible to switch off the e.DO. Wait 1 minute and switch on the e.DO. Wait about 3 mins. Pay attention that is mandatory to wait after the switch off and the switch on because in this procedure is essential that the communication does not fall. And establish a connection with e.DO and write on the command line:

./uploadBridge.sh

If the procedure woks the output will be something like this one:

7C4A7C99, 241664, 2008, edo-joint_bo, 2, edo_2

C8B21949, 241664, 2008, edo-joint_bo, 2, edo_3

CEBEF6D6, 241664, 2008, edo-joint_bo, 2, edo_1

4C204BBC, 241664, 2008, edo-joint_bo, 2, edo_4

998FD07D, 241664, 2008, edo-joint_bo, 2, edo_5

D89AD18E, 241664, 2008, edo-joint_bo, 2, edo_6

373A8649, 110592,2008. Edo-gripper, 225, edo-gripper_boot

Now we can try to load the firmware on the joints with these lines of code one per time waiting the end:

./core/core-tools/CoreBootloader.py load program ./edo_sw_release/edo_joint/firmware.hex 7C4A7C99

./core/core-tools/CoreBootloader.py load program ./edo_sw_release/edo_joint/firmware.hex C8B21949

./core/core-tools/CoreBootloader.py load program ./edo_sw_release/edo_joint/firmware.hex CEBEF6D6

./core/core-tools/CoreBootloader.py load program ./edo_sw_release/edo_joint/firmware.hex 4C204BBC

./core/core-tools/CoreBootloader.py load program ./edo_sw_release/edo_joint/firmware.hex 998FD07D

./core/core-tools/CoreBootloader.py load program ./edo_sw_release/edo_joint/firmware.hex D89AD18E

These lines of code are referred to load the firmware correctly on the joints, the last number is the MAC of the joint (as a serial number referred to the single joint). This procedure cost time but it is the best to solve the problem.

After these lines of code the procedure must be finished through this line of code:

./flashUsbFirmware edo ./edo_sw_release/edo_usb_ros_serial/firmware.bin

When the flashUsbFirmware procedure is successful switch off the e.DO and wait 1 minute before switch on!

This actually does what the reset CAN could not do. But it looked better then.

For the SSH connection;
    Username: edo
    Password: raspberry

I hope it would help!
    Kind regards,
    Berkan

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.